Valentine's Day doesn't only have to be a special day for people who are in a romantic relationship - the love you feel for your friends, your family and yourself can also be celebrated. With this in mind, we've compiled a list of activities in the Kelowna area that singles, couples, groups of friends and families can enjoy this Valentine's Day!
Greater Kelowna Valentine's Day Activities for Families, Friends, Couples or Singles
- Tour the Kelowna Art Gallery. Valentine's Day is on a Thursday this year, and Thursdays at the Kelowna Art Gallery mean free admission! From 6pm to 9pm, pick up a "Valentine's Challenge Card" at the reception and enjoy a variety of work throughout the entire gallery. After your tour, channel your creativity to make a custom Valentine's card with decorative Japanese papers. There will also be sweets! For more information on current exhibitions, visit www.kelownaartgallery.com. Gallery address: 1315 Water St., Kelowna, BC
- Get 'in the air'. Enjoy 2 for 1 entry on drop-in training sessions all week at Airhouse Kelowna. From skiing to snowboarding, figure skating to parkour, motocross to freeride mountain biking, Airhouse trains all 'in the air.' Visit airhouse.ca/drop-in for more information on their drop-in training sessions. Open until 9pm. Address: 730 McCurdy Rd., Kelowna, BC
- Enjoy some blues. Open to all ages, Kenny Wayne & Sherman Doucette perform at the Rotary Centre for the Arts. 7pm to 9pm; admission by donation. Food and drink available at the centre's licensed bistro. For more information and a list of other centre events, visit rotarycentreforthearts.com. Rotary Centre for the Arts address: 421 Cawston Ave., Kelowna, BC
- Hang out at the climbing gym. From 6pm to 11pm, meet fellow climbers at a special $10 drop-in rate at Beyond the Crux Climbing Gym. If you don't have a climbing partner, the gym staff will help connect you with other climbers or 'baylay you' as available. For information on the gym and its programming, visit www.beyondthecrux.info. Gym address: #5 - 685 Finns Rd., Kelowna BC
Greater Kelowna Valentine's Day Activities for Singles, Couples or Friends
- Dance the salsa. Singles and couples of all ages and levels are welcome to enjoy a 30-minute salsa lesson with dance to follow. Starts at 8pm at the Rotary Centre for the Arts. Entry is $10/person or $15/couple. For more details on this reoccurring event (every Thursday night), visit rotarycentreforthearts.com. Rotary Centre for the Arts address: 421 Cawston Ave., Kelowna, BC
- Enjoy some local comedy. The Kelowna Arts Council, in partnership with Kelowna Comedy, presents "My Funny Valentine Show," featuring the top comics in the Okanagan. The show is free and takes place from 7pm to 9:30pm at Dakota's Comedy Lounge. Visit kelownacomedy.ca for more information on this show and other hilariousness. Lounge address: 1574 Harvey Ave., Kelowna, BC
- Take a dessert cooking class. Quails' Gate Estate Winery is offering a special Valentine's Day inspired dessert demonstrative cooking class led by French-born pastry chef Ange Gaudino-Vallejo. The class will feature desserts from chocolate fondant, to vanilla macarons and lemon cake paired with the winery's award-winning dessert wines. Starts at 5:30pm or 7:30pm; $109 per person, $99 for wine club members. For more information on this and other winery events, visit www.quailsgate.com. Winery address: 3303 Boucherie Rd., West Kelowna, BC
- Get a heart tattoo. If you're feeling daring and/or charitable this Valentine's Day, get a pre-drawn heart tattoo Don't Look Down Tattoos in support of the Heart & Stroke Foundation. $25 minimum donation (cash only). Designs to be posted a few days before the event. 12pm to 8pm; first-come, first-served. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/dontlookdowntattoos. Shop address: 1484 St. Paul St., Kelowna, BC
- Do some yoga. Partake in a "Galentine's Day" women's only event to celebrate the women in our lives. Join a 75-minute flow and restore yoga at Solstice Yoga followed by a glass of bubbly and dessert (included in the ticket price) at Bar Norcino. Tickets are $45 with proceeds going to Karis Support Society, a safe, loving place for women struggling with addictions and mental health challenges. Starts at 7pm. For studio information, visit www.solstice.yoga. Studio address: #406 - 460 Doyle Ave., Kelowna, BC.
If you attend any of the events listed above, please take a selfie at the event and post it to our Facebook page! We'd love to see you having some Valentine's Day fun in the Kelowna area!
Please note: not an all-inclusive list. Please contact the event organizers using the links above with any questions regarding the events.